Sunday, December 9, 2007

Herald in Song

Years ago, in a fit of whimsy, I selected Though The Looking Glass as a "theme book" for life: some underlying logic, and some semblance of some goal, some interesting characters and dialogue, but some events along the way are unfathomable.

Lately, some friends, caught up in drama, conflict, misunderstanding, or outright lies cut me off. And most of them privately weep for me and offer support and give gifts. Of course I messed up, but not to the degree my accusers claim. Anyhow, I have to do the work to regain trust, regardless of the underlying faults. What can I say? I WANT to regain the trust I've lost. Yet friendship still seems underlying, even fully renewable. But, right now, all is sad.

`You are sad,' the Knight said in an anxious tone: `let me sing you a song to comfort you.'
`Is it very long?' Alice asked, for she had heard a good deal of poetry that day.
`It's long,' said the Knight, `but very, VERY beautiful. Everybody that hears me sing it--either it brings the TEARS into their eyes, or else--'
`Or else what?' said Alice, for the Knight had made a sudden pause.
`Or else it doesn't, you know.'

"This Love Song" is my voice, guitar, words and music. I'll put more on the website there as I record it.

Love, Arth

No comments: