Saturday, September 29, 2007

Herald Manages Insomnia

I love chat history: I can go back and see what I missed, and every once in a while, copy a chat and preserve it because someone said a few things worth preserving.
------------
Arth Karas = open Chat
Valimar Sim East Plaza
2007-09-11 03:02:27

Edited 2007-11-17 for privacy.

You: Mr X, you asked for an insomnia cure?
You: Actully, I do have insomnia cures.
MR X: Chamomille
MR X: turkey and warm milk
You: 1) get comfortable
You: 2) shut off the lights
You: (actually #1 is a big step:
You: most people don't know when they are uncomfortable -
You: or don't know how to self-massage, say feet, shoulders and neck
You: so that those parts that carry so much stress relax.
You: so get comfortable, get dark. then
MR X: yes...my neck is killing me.
You: 3) let the body get, part by part, relaxed and heavy
You: neck?
You: MR X, here we go
MR X: taking a hot shower before will help too
You: take your hands off the keyboard.
You: place them on your own shoulders
You: squeeze
MR X: ok...yes
You: hard as you can
You: then relax
You: with very stiff fingers
You: press in again,
You: relax
MR X : I guess I was getting pretty worked up about my project.
You: then press in and slide fingers forward.
MR X: Its still very rough
You: across the tendons and muscles there.
You: I understand.
MR X: yes
You: Can you let it go?
You: the page?
MR X: yes... that's why I'm here
You: shoulders relaxing?
MR X: yes.
You: good.
You: neck next
You: this is a very specific rub
You: with middle three fingers
You: find the skull bone right behind your ears
You: press in and drag down several times
You: following the strong tendon there.
MR X: yes
You: down the same stroke, but vibrating hands to front and back.
You: slowly as you go down
You: zig-zag across the tendon.
MR X: yes...I've done this before but always on someone else :~)
You: good man!
You: you know how effective it is for headache!
MR X: yes
You: then, lightly all over head through hair
You: stroke or scratch,
You: whatever you like
You: scratch
You: all over the skull.
You: . . .
You: last phase
You: from those bones behind your ears
You: stroke down and back
You: to the top of the spine,
You: then slide forward across the shoulders.
You: several times
MR X: yes...I'm feeling much more relaxed now.
You: excellent.
You: so, ready to try sleeping?
MR X: yep...after a nice hot shower ;~)
MR X: thank you my friend
You: We have great wealth between us here.
MR X: I see so much needing to be done.
You: in know-how and warmth
You: and great friends.
You: of course the is a lot to be done.
You: but you get to decide when to handle it.
You: otherwise, it all sits on you
You: saying "do me now!"
MR X: yes...exactly.
You: and I go -"no"
You: "you I handle Tuesday at 7"
You: "and that one I handle Friday at 5"
MR X: I am learning comprimise :~)
You: "and these others are all for tomorrow at 10":
You: Very good management trick:
You: place your projects in time, so they have a place to exist separate from you.
MR X: yes... that's very wise.
You: I've been a manager for, Lord, 35 years now
You: I've learned a few things.
You: and you ARE doing great things.
MR X: well...I guess I 'm kind of hard on my self
You: Sometime soon, I show you arts of recruitment and delegation.
You: only way for a one-man-show to become a duet.
MR X: yes...I really would like that!
You: Phoenix Seelowe innately does this really well.
You: but, later.
You: Maybe even 9 pm meeting tonight.
MR X: ok...sounds great!
You: your shower and bed need you.
MR X: yes indeed!

I never did tell MR X the last steps:


4:
Close eyes and look at the inside of your eyelids:
Any distractions, simply place them in time.
Watch the faint dark colors
that swirl behind your eyelids, then

5:
Let morning arrive!
(I set my alarm clock to
tell me when it is morning -
I don't have to wake self to
guess or look)

Love, Arth

No comments: